The Wallrock Magnetwall Magnetic Wallpaper is specially designed to make your walls functional. This revolutionary wall covering from leading brand Wallrock effectively turns your wall into a magnetic space for versatile use. It’s easy to apply – simply use in conjunction with Ekotex contact glue for hassle free adhesion. Once completely dry, you can then prime and paint or paper as desired using Wallrock products. After application your magnetic wallpaper can be used with general purpose magnets as a notice board or display area – perfect for the office, kitchen or bedroom.
The Wallrock Magnetwall Magnetic Wallpaper takes home décor to the next level and will make a welcome addition to any wall. For best results, team with Neodymium Magnets which are sold separately.
Use the specially developed Ekotex contact glue to ensure problem free adhesion, we recommend applying between 50ml and 100ml to the wall surface and a further 50ml to the reverse of the Wallrock Magnetwall for optimum adhesive performance.
All magnets can be used with Wallrock Magnetwall, however we recommend our Neodymium magnets for improved performance.
- Allows use of magnets on the wall
- Paste the wall
- Suitable for further decoration
- Easy to use
- Suitable for a wide variety of applications
How to Apply
The working temperature (environment and substrate) must be greater than +5°C and less than +25°C. Use the specially developed Ekotex contact adhesive to ensure problem free bonding, for best results a consumption of circa 150ml per M² is recommended - please also refer to step 3 below.
1. Cut all lengths as required, allowing extra for trimming at each end.
2. Mark a guideline with a pencil for the first length, using a string line as a guide for vertical drops or a spirit level if preferred (essential if hanging horizontally).
3. Apply adhesive to the wall surface and to the reverse side of the Wallrock Magnetwall, 50-100ml per M² is recommended for the wall surface and 50ml per M² for the reverse of Wallrock Magnetwall, overall 150ml per M². Once the adhesive has been applied to both surfaces it is then advised to wait 20 minutes before applying Wallrock Magnetwall to the surface (the adhesive will become semi translucent after 20 minutes).
4. Apply the first length along the guide line, smooth out with a soft smoother, work from the centre of the drop to remove any excess adhesive NB; Do not apply excessive pressure when using a smoothing tool, this can cause damage to the surface.
5. Use a former/straight edge and a sharp knife to remove any excess material from the top and bottom of the drop (maintain the effectiveness of the sharp knife blade by regularly changing). Good quality decorators shears can be used as an alternative if preferred. NB: Use clean warm water and a sponge to remove any adhesive from the front of the Wallrock Magnetwall.
6. Butt join all subsequent lengths, being careful not to overlap the edges. Allow Wallrock Magnetwall to dry out thoroughly before continuing. We recommend a minimum of 24 hours, longer may be required in some circumstances, dependent upon the sub surface condition and humidity
7. Once Wallrock Magnetwall has been applied and allowed to dry thoroughly it can be painted using a hard wearing paint, good quality acrylic eggshell paints offer improved longevity and durability, to enhance the finish and allow the application of a wider selection of paints we recommend overhanging with either Wallrock Fibreliner Original or Wallrock Fibreliner Smooth using Ekotex adhesive or Wallrock Power Adhesive. Carefully plan where the joints of the Fibreliner will fall before hanging, allow the Wallrock Fibreliner to dry thoroughly before continuing, we recommend a minimum of 24 hours, longer may be required in some circumstances dependent on the sub surface condition and humidity.
8. Use a good quality washable paint, we advise an egshell finish for its hardwearing characteristics, these types of paints better resist marking from repeated magnet use. It is also possible to use 'whiteboard' paint or 'blackboard' paint if required. NB; we recommend the surface of Wallrock Magnetwall is lined before painting, please see Step 7 above.
Once the paint has dried the finished surface is ready for use with magnets. Whilst all magnets of a suitable size will work on Wallrock Magnetwall, we do recommend our Neodymium magnets for improved performance.